WORKSHOP FACILITATOR | CIRCLE KEEPER
event host & EMCEE | arts curator | cultural worker
Are you looking for a guest facilitator for your group?
I've facilitated workshops for youth and adults in the following topics:
- Building Beloved Communities
- Root Causes of Violence
- Introduction to Privilege & Oppression
- Intersectionality Now! Theater Pop-Up
- PSTD, Intergenerational Trauma, & Healing
- Gentrification & Community Asset Mapping
- "We Are Seeds" Cultural Convening Workshops
- Root Causes of Violence
- Redefining Masculinity Series: (for male-identified teens)
- Man Up! Redefining Masculinity
- Women Hold Up Half the Sky
- The Revolution Begins at Home
- Hip Hop Industrial Complex: No Homo
- Culture & Identity
- Let's Talk about Race, Baby! Racism 101
- My Superhero Story: The Journey of How I Got Here
- Outside the Box: Beyond Gender Binaries
- Until Lions Learn to Write Books: Finding Your Voice
- Embodied Storytelling: Putting Movement to Words
- Creating Sacred Spaces
- Women's Circles
- Sangha: Meditation & Yoga for People of Color
- Restorative/Transformative Justice Circles
- Mindfulness in the Movement: Exploring Self & Collective Care
- Decolonize the Womb: Sensual Healing
And many more catered to organizational requests...
* Most of my workshops include an artistic element, from visual arts to spoken word and hip hop. We close out the space using "cyphers", or circles, where participants are invited to share their story as a form of healing and resiliency.
I am also certified as a 65 hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocate,
and am sensitive to the needs of individuals and communities healing from systemic trauma.
Prior to working in adult and teen spaces, I worked as a professional arts educator for various non-profits and Los Angeles Unified School District for several years, teaching K-8th grade visual arts and meeting all VAPA standards as a requirement of my residencies.
Past organizational collaborations include: Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach, Khmer Girls in Action, United Cambodian Communities, Thai Development Cultural Center, Camp Wat Pa, Poly Academy of Accelerated Learning, Educated Men with Meaningful Messages, Project MotiVate, South Asian Helpline And Referral Agency, A3PCON, Search to Involve Pilipino Americans, City of Cerritos Recreation Services, Long Beach Arts Council, Dramatic Results, Create Now, Teada Productions, Great Leap Inc, Long Beach Parks and Recreation, Manazar Gamboa Community Theater, California Parks and Recreation Society, Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy, Unite Here 11, Visual Communications, Long Beach Unified School District, LA's Best Afterschool Art Program, CSU Dominguez Hills, UC Santa Cruz, UC Santa Barbara, and the National Youth Cooperative Convergence.
Is there a topic you'd be interested in exploring? Send me a message!
"The true artist, however, is a truth teller who has the ability see reality untainted by cultural filters... They can take us on an imaginary journey to a future no one has yet visited to experience possibilities we may not have imagined. Our movement needs the contribution of millions of artists devoted to liberating human consciousness."
- Excerpt from Are You A Cultural Worker?